COOK (FULL AND PART-TIME)
Company: Chartwells Higher Education
Posted on: September 11, 2021
Posted Date: Sep 8, 2021
- We are now hiring immediately for full and
part-time COOK positions.
- Location: North Central College (Kaufman Dining Hall)-
221 South Brainard Street, Naperville, IL
60540. Note: online applications accepted
- Schedule: Full and part-time; Various days and hours,
including weekends, from 6:00am-10:00pm. Further discussion upon
- Requirement: 1-2 years experience in a fast-paced
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying
Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text
NORTH CENTRAL to 75000 and search
requisition ID number 861931. Additionally,
you can get in front of the hiring manager faster and share what
makes you unique with a Prerecorded Video
Interview! Click here to learn
The advertised program is
an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with
Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may
apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions:
Diversity of thought
and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to
start your journey with us today!
Education brings fresh ideas and innovative concepts to higher
education foodservice. We have quickly established ourselves as the
leading college and university foodservice partner in the industry,
and were twice named the Fastest Growing Brand by Nations
Restaurant News. While we reflect on a proud past, we keep a keen
eye on what is yet to come, especially in the areas of culinary
development and nutrition. We foster development in a setting where
mobility, teamwork, and communication flourish.
Summary: Prepares food in accordance with
applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and
regulations with established policies and procedures. Ensures
quality food service is provided at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares high-quality food items according to standardized
recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery and service
- Serves meals or prepares for delivery by using correct
portioning, meeting outlined standards, ensuring that food is at
the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty. Tastes all
prepared food items.
- Uses established ticket collection procedures during service.
Responsible for records from area worked during service
- Cleans kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high
standards of cleanliness. Stores or discards excess food in
accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
- Keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensures food
and supply items are stored per standards.
- Operates and maintains kitchen equipment as instructed.
- Assists in production planning, record keeping and reporting as
- Assists in the ordering and receiving of all food and supplies
- Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to
the supervisor immediately.
- Attends in-service and safety meetings.
- Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers,
administrators and managers.
- Performs job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Chartwells Higher Education are offered many fantastic
Both full-time and
part-time positions offer the following benefits to
- Associate Shopping
- Health and Wellness
- Identity Theft
- Voluntary Benefits,
including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital
Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home
In addition, full-time
positions also offer the following benefits to
- Employee Assistance
- Flexible Spending
Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice
Compass Group is an
equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to
treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their
abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race,
national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected
must be able to perform the essential functions of this position
satisfactorily with or without a reasonable
accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an
exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks,
or requirements associated with this position. While this is
intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the
Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential
functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Keywords: Chartwells Higher Education, Naperville , COOK (FULL AND PART-TIME), Other , NAPERVILLE, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!