Company: Addison Park District
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Job Title : Lifeguard Department : Aquatics Reports to :
Aquatics and Member Services Supervisor Job Class: Regular Part
Time, up to 19 per hours per week. Work Hours: Variable depending
on program schedule. Position Summary Under general supervision
from the Aquatics and Member Services Supervisor, the Lifeguard
ensures the safety of patrons of an aquatic facility by preventing
and responding to emergencies. Essential Duties and
- Ensures safety of patrons by scanning the pool, preventing
accidents, enforcing rules, and appropriately responding to
- Participates in general cleaning of facility ensuring pool area
and equipment is maintained on a regular basis.
- Maintains a valid lifeguard certification.
- May participate in testing of chemicals in pool.
- May participate in daily safety audits of facility and
- Subject to unscheduled StarGuard audits, skills assessments,
and other monthly training programs.
- Other duties as assigned. Required Qualifications All
lifeguards will be certified through Starguard upon hire.
Lifeguards must be able to meet a minimum of 20/30 uncorrected or
best corrected binocular vision test. Lifeguards must be able to
swim 200 yards and retrieve a ten-pound brick from 6 feet deep
water. The ideal candidate will be mature, responsible and have a
great attitude. The candidate should have the ability to
effectively communicate with children and adults. Preferred
- Lifeguard certified. Competencies
- Ability to read and understand materials such as manuals,
policies, and other materials printed in English.
- Ability to use good safety awareness and judgment.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere and work closely with
co-workers and the general public, while promoting the Park
District's mission statement, vision, and core values.
- Ability to maintain self-control and composure in difficult
- Ability to receive constructive criticism and/or
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to new situations.
- Possess enthusiasm and drive with a desire to accomplish goals
- Ability to resolve differences and problems that arise with
customers and staff. Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Work is conducted indoors in heated, chlorinated pool
- Work may require bending, twisting, crouching, stooping,
kneeling, lifting, and navigating pool deck. Job Type: Part time
Pay Range: $12 per hour Location: 1776 W Centennial Place, Addison,
IL 60101 Available Shifts (not all availability is required) Monday
- Thursday 4:30 pm - 7:00 pm Monday - Friday 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Saturday 12:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Keywords: Addison Park District, Naperville , LIFEGUARD, Other , Addison, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!