BCBA - RBT Supervisor
Company: Turning Pointe Autism Foundation
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Position Summary:The BCBA - RBT Supervisor oversees individuals who
are accruing experience hours to become certified and/or
individuals who are providing behavior-analytic services (e.g.,
RBTs and BCBAs) in addition to completing ongoing assessment for
those pursuing and maintaining RBT certification.Essential Job
- Display competency in the requirements as outlined by the BACB
and the BACB RBT Handbook.
- Develop and maintain organization-wide systems and procedures
for structured supervision content and evaluation of competence for
supervisees and trainees.
- Complete Initial Competency Assessment (as outlined by the
BACB) for team members pursuing RBT certification.
- Complete Renewal Competency Assessment (as outlined by the
BACB) for team members maintaining RBT certification
- Ensure all RBT activities comply with the respective BACB code
(i.e., RBT Ethics Code for RBTs, Professional and Ethical
Compliance Code for Behavior Analysts for RBT Supervisors and RBT
- Provide ongoing supervision for a minimum of five percent of
the hours you spend providing behavior-analytic services each
calendar month for all supervisees.
- Create committed and positive relationships with supervisees or
- Use behavioral skills training to improve supervisee or trainee
- Comply with relevant BACB fieldwork requirements when
supervising a trainee pursuing BCBA or BCBA certification.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of supervision of the trainee.
- Incorporate ethics and professional development into
supervision of trainees.
- Collaborate with the therapeutic/IEP team to create learning
opportunities for trainees.
- Provide comprehensive oversight, technical support and feedback
to staff in all areas of behavior and skill acquisition for
- Demonstrate and train staff on appropriate methods of data
collection, materials organization and observations
- Collaborate with the program director regarding data
collection, skill acquisition and behavior plans
- Collaborate with classroom teacher(s) on skill acquisition
interventions as needed
- Collaborate with the Speech Pathologist and Occupational
Therapist to implement the sensory diet programs, communication
plans and behavior plans for each student
- Support the classroom teacher and IBIs in the implementation of
all behavior support protocols
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the implemented behavior
- Collaborate with school team on modifying behavior plans
accordingly to achieve desired results as identified in the IEP
goals and objectives
- Keep all student information confidential and honor the legal
protocols of the IEP
- Perform other work and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience & Skills:
- Experience working with students impacted by autism or other
developmentally disabling disorder
- Completed or currently enrolled in a Master's degree program in
Applied Behavior Analysis, Psychology, Education, or a related
field is necessary
- Board Certification obtained through the BACB
- Complete 8-hour supervision course, necessary documentation,
and be approved as a RBT supervisor by the BACB
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in an educational
- May include lifting and supporting up to 50 pounds
- May be required to bend, stoop, and kneel
- Ability to work at a desk, conference table or in meetings of
- Ability to stand and circulate for extended periods of
- Moderate to high stress levels
- Daily contact with students, teachers, and school staff
- Regular contact with parents, community members and outside
- May be exposed to contact with individuals displaying
physically aggressive, self-abusive, or socially undesirable
Keywords: Turning Pointe Autism Foundation, Naperville , BCBA - RBT Supervisor, Other , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!