Supervisor, Contact Center
Company: American Water
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is
vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an
environment where differences are embraced and where every person
feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest
and most geographically diverse U.S.publicly traded water and
wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000
dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based
drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million
people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean,
affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help
make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit
amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter , Facebook and
PLEASE NOTE: In order for American Water to evaluate decisions
about new regulations, reintegration, and safe operating practices,
all employees are required to report their vaccination status.
The Contact Center Supervisor primary focus is the development and
growth of the team they are accountable for. This responsibility
includes monitoring and executing on customer service, quality, and
sales to meet company and client goals. This role is responsible to
drive our culture through motivation, leadership, and communication
to achieve high employee satisfaction. The supervisor will work
directly with customers, clients, and front-line employees for
continuous improvement opportunities. Responsible for all direct
employee personal matters by teaming up with HR and Legal. This
role will have a direct responsibility to execute our customer
service strategy through live customer contact.
- Achieve Quality and Sales Performance results daily, weekly and
monthly. Work in collaboration with their Manager and Coaches to
drive continuous improvement
- Demonstrate customer service experience to include supervising
employees, decision making and a thorough understanding of call
center technologies, including customer database systems and their
respective reporting mechanisms.
- Strong organizational, communications, and problem resolution
- Ability to motivate and coach staff members providing product
knowledge, sales and support for all customer inquiries.
- Enforce department goals, policies, and performance standards.
Create plans to overcome challenging periods to meet department
- Build relationships with direct reports to create a positive,
professional work environment that focuses on providing exceptional
- Leads by example and reflects our Values.
- Ensure customer service excellence and quality through employee
coaching, weekly monitoring, and departmental tailgates.
- Exceptional time management, leadership, and problem-solving
- Collaboration with Workforce Management in achievement of key
- Support contact center peers in achievement of overall
- Manage all aspects of work with a sense of urgency. Deliver
timely, quality, clear, concise, and accurate work.
- Other duties as assigned by their leader
- Strong organizational, communication and problem resolution
- Personal computer experience, including Microsoft Office
- Support the execution of change management initiatives while
serving as a leader in the contact center.
- Ability to define and analyze issues and develop implementation
plans to cure the problem.
- Data analysis, trend identification and resolution
- Understand the concepts of Call Center staffing, forecasting
and performance management.
- Fosters a culture of success and quality through driving
- Effective Time Management
- Leadership through stewardship to team
- Effective presentation and communication
- Full understanding of quality assurance programs
- Ensure compliance with company policy, practices, and
- Demonstrate teambuilding through employee and customer
- Experience in leading, coaching, and performance
- Strong understanding of contact center operations and
technology/systems (Oracle, CRM, Verint, Cisco, etc.) as it relates
to customer handling, escalation resolution and agent performance
- Good working knowledge of sales/retention, multi-channel
customer service and customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, information
technology or other related business major a plus
- Equal years of work experience may be considered in lieu of
- Two (2) or more years in a demonstrated lead customer service
role, with decision making opportunities.
- Demonstrates a shadow of a leader by proactively communicating
change, putting customers first and always visible for your
- Experience in coaching, performance management and driving
- Proven accountability for business performance
- Dedicated individual focused on favorable customer experience
and quality assurance at a leadership level.
- Experience working in a competitive products and services
business environment with high volume sales transactions
- Proven ability to manage large contact center teams in an
- 10-20% (depending on business needs)
- Incorporate American Home Solutions Mission and Vision in daily
- Vision: Purpose-driven, people-powered, customer-obsessed
trusted partner for every home.
- Mission: To keep our customers' lives flowing by making their
home lives easier.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing -
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity
(EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and
applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender,
gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion,
marital status, citizenship, or because they arean individual with
a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by
federal, state, and local laws.
Keywords: American Water, Naperville , Supervisor, Contact Center, Other , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!