Dir, Marketing + Merchandising- Sysco
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Company: US1319 European Imports, Inc.Zip Code:60005Minimum
Level of Education:Bachelor s DegreeMinimum Years of Experience:7
YearsEmployment Type:Full TimeTravel Percentage: Up to 25%JOB
SUMMARYUnder general supervision, provide direction and take
responsibility for current and future marketing and merchandising
developments. Oversee and manage the daily performance of Category
Specialists, Customs Broker, Buyers, Analysts, and Marketing
personnel to meet and exceed company goals. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage, develop and coach departmental staff. Interpret the
organizations policies and goals clearly and concisely,
communicating this information to departmental staff.
- Maintain the marketing department's profit and loss and monitor
department expenses ensuring that they do not exceed the company s
- Plan and communicate the annual marketing plan for the
- Work with the marketing coordinator to plan, communicate and
administer all monthly spiffs and promotions.
- Oversee the production of all publications and advertising
campaigns for the company.
- Oversee the direct customer promotional program and
- Assist in the development of quality product training programs
for the sales force.
- Oversee trade shows.
- Oversee and manage the travel for the category specialists to
seek suppliers and products along with support sales based events
and activities as determined with sales leadership.
- Problem-solve and make decisions regarding daily operations for
either the cooler, dry, frozen and produce areas of the warehouse.
Ex: slotting, special shipping costs, out of stocks, daily
spoilage, priority trucks, write-offs, below-cost sales to
customers, returns, credits, promotions, obsolescence, street sales
by category, etc.
- Analyze, negotiate, approve and review new/existing suppliers
and product lines.
- Assist buyers daily, providing information where needed. Ex:
negotiating the best possible pricing, expedient turns, develop
weekly pricing of Hot Sheets, market updates, pricing information,
supplier trends, and communication pieces, etc.
- Oversee the purchase order process ensuring integrity and
- Ensure department purchases designated lines from Sysco
- Source innovative products under the specialty category,
negotiating profitable programs and facilitating an effective
introduction to the sales force.
- Plan and facilitate presentations to customers, salesforce,
staff, and conferences as needed.
- Supervise the team s administration of Hold Harmless Agreements
and COI for all suppliers.
- Regularly review reports, proposals, Earned Income by category,
margin components, scheduling, SKU s (stock keeping unit),
- Oversee Category Management Projects.
- Review and update departmental processes and procedures to
ensure efficiency, productivity and ability to meet merchandising
- Adhere to all applicable GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice),
personal hygiene, and SQF (Safe Quality Food) policies and
procedures as described in the European Imports Sysco Food Safety
- Assist as needed in product recall incidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONSEducation
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and
experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be
acquired is required.Experience
- 5 7 years of previous experience in a purchasing/product
management/marketing environment is required.
- International food supplier/relationship experience is
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are
- Ability to work with a variety of people and situations in a
- Intermediate word processing (Microsoft Word preferred), an
intermediate spreadsheet application (Microsoft Excel preferred)
and beginning presentation (Microsoft PowerPoint) skills are
- General working conditions exposed to adverse conditions 5% or
less of time.BENEFITS INFORMATION:For information on Sysco s
Benefits, please visit HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATESCOVID-19
- Personal protective equipment and masks provided
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
OVERVIEW:Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution.
With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles,
Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide
and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.We offer our
associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally,
to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to
serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We re
looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team.
Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of
food and service.AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:Applicants must be
currently authorized to work in the United States.We are proud to
be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and
consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed,
religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other
protected factor under federal, state or local law.This opportunity
is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and
affiliates. Associated topics: inventory, merchandise,
merchandiser, merchandising, procurement, retail merchandiser,
stocking, supply chain, warehouse, warehouse associate
Keywords: SYSCO, Naperville , Dir, Marketing + Merchandising- Sysco, Other , Palatine, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!