Posted on: May 17, 2022
Who we are:
Atkore is forging a future where our employees, customers,
suppliers, shareholders, and communities are building better
together - a future focused on serving the customer and powering
and protecting the world.With a global network of manufacturing and
distribution facilities worldwide, Atkore is a leading provider of
electrical, safety and infrastructure solutions.Who we are looking
We are currently looking for a BIM Designer to be based out of
Addison, IL. Reporting to the Drafting Manager, this person will be
responsible for developing complete system designs in CAD or Revit
for customers.What you'll do:
- BIM Modeling, Clash Detection, Design, and Drafting.
- Coordinate and Manage Revit Models.
- Create / Modify / Update Revit Families.
- Provide prompt and accurate progress status reports on a
regular and consistent basis to supervisor and project team
- Review all work for errors and mistakes prior to releasing as
- Create, maintain, and follow standard work/check lists to
ensure consistency and quality of work on every project.
- Identify training opportunities and areas for improvement based
on day-to-day experiences and exposure to various projects.
- Develop complete system designs in CAD or Revit for
- Independently execute assignments and accurately identify
- Review work for accuracy and constructability.What you'll
- AS, BS, or MS degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical,
computer sciences), Architecture, or similar building design
- 5+years' professional experience in Revit with at least 2 years
of full time Revit experience.
- 2+years' professional experience in CAD.
- Experience in a construction environment and/or Electrical or
Mechanical industry preferred.
- An advanced degree is preferred.Qualifications include:
- Knowledge of basic construction processes / procedures,
specifically overhead systems.
- Capability to read and understand construction drawings and
- Ability to manipulate and adapt files created by others.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and BIM 36.0
- Extensive knowledge of current AutoCAD, Navisworks, and Revit
- 3D Model Quantity Extraction and 4D Scheduling using
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and
oral.Within 3 months, you'll:
- Communicate effectively with PM's and other team members to
gather information needed for each project.
- Creating BIM models via Revit Software using the companies'
products and libraries.
- Set up linked models from different practices and coordinate
companies' models across other disciplines.
- Complete your Atkore immersion program.Within 6 months, you'll:
- Independently handle BIM project from start to finish by
assisting to BIM Coordination and providing daily management of BIM
- Perform clash Detection when needed and resolving coordination
- Keep the organization informed about best practices in BIM and
beast use of BIM software.Within 12 months, you'll:
- Provide BIM training internally to existing team members and
new hired and offer cross-team support
- Responsible for organization wide BIM standards,
implementation, and enforcement of best practice
- Continuously work on productivity efficiency by developing BIM
process with the team and managerAtkore is a recipient of a Great
Place to Work - certification and a Top Workplaces USA award! We're
committed to creating an engaged and aligned workforce that drives
collaborative culture. Our team strives for breakthrough results,
stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully supports
decisions of the Company. We consistently live the Atkore mission,
strategic priorities, and behaviors, all in a way that's consistent
with our core values. Together, we build strong leaders that
continually endeavor to move us forward.With a global network of
manufacturing and distribution facilities worldwide, Atkore is a
leading provider of electrical, safety and infrastructure
solutions.Join our team and align yourself with an industry
leader!#LI-KB1Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Atkore, Naperville , BIM Designer, Other , Addison, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!