Member Service Associate
Company: GreenState Credit Union
Posted on: June 23, 2022
GreenState Credit UnionMember Service AssociateUS-IL-AddisonJob
ID: 2022-3174Type: Regular Full-Time# of Openings: 2Category:
RetailGreenState Credit UnionOverviewPOSITION SUMMARY:This position
is responsible for acquiring, expanding, and enriching member
relationships, while providing exceptional service. The qualified
candidate will be member focused, show excellence in accuracy and
all their work, demonstrate integrity, share one vision through
teamwork. Meets and exceeds sales expectations by providing
personalized, professional service to all members in an exceptional
manner, seeking out opportunities for additional business.
GREENSTATE CULTURE:At GreenState, we exist to create lasting value
for those we serve. We do this by putting immense value into our
employees, members and communities. We empower our employees to
create endless opportunities, which will then impact the lives of
our members and enhance the vitality of our communities. GreenState
is proud to offer a Bilingual Pay Program for qualifying
applicants. Minimum starting wage for this position is $24.02/HR
with a lucrative monthly incentive opportunity, in addition to a
progressive benefit package. ResponsibilitiesEssential Duties and
Responsibilities:Performs essential duties and responsibilities in
the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those
listed and are subject to change:
- Adheres to the Credit Union Service Standards in carrying out
GreenState's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external)
focus at all times, greeting members and guests with a smile and
eye contact immediately upon their arrival, using their name or
acknowledging them, and thanking them for their business.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in
the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures confidentiality of member information.
- Supports a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Sales - Ask questions, listen to your members' needs and offer
solutions that best fits the needs of your member.
- Acts as part of a cohesive team, demonstrating excellent
interpersonal skills and the ability to interact positively with
- Ensures confidentiality of member account records and account
information. Request identification whenever necessary and provide
account information to only those members listed as primary or
- Profile each member to uncover opportunities for additional
- Responsible for structuring loan applications, working with
underwriters and adhering to all lending policies and
- Makes weekly outbound sales calls to members.
- Performs all aspects of MSR position. This includes the ability
to accurately balance a cash drawer daily and a firm understanding
of all credit union policies and procedures for cash handling,
check handling, and identification.
- Builds member relationships by recognizing their financial
needs and meeting those needs with the appropriate GreenState
product and service or referring them to the specialized department
(Wealth Management, Commercial, Mortgage, GreenState Insurance
etc.) to be served.
- Participates in promotions, contests, and other departmental
activities which support team goals.
- Responsible for sales of loan protection products.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge of all federal regulations and
procedures concerning deposits.
- Performs vault duties including cash ordering, balancing,
drawer audits, scheduling, and other duties as assigned.
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating
in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored
- Must have at least one year of similar or related experience or
12 months in an MSR role with knowledge of all credit union
accounts and products with proven ability to handle a wide variety
of functions quickly and accurately.
- High energy and sales ability and interpersonal skills to
represent the credit union in a positive and professional
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize work assignments and
organize work efficiently. Must demonstrate good time management
skills to meet established deadlines.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with related computer applications, spreadsheets,
word processing, and database applications.
- Proven relationship building skills and techniques.
- Must be self-motivated, exercise sound judgment, and be able to
- Ability to maintain composure, and problem solve as they
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and effective working
- Ability to work with minimal direction and exercise sound
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and
works overtime as necessitated by business demand
- High school diploma or the equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Must be bondable.
- Must be registered pursuant to requirements of the S.A.F.E
Act.Reporting RelationshipReports to the Vice President / Branch
Manager as assigned.Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThis position is
not responsible for the supervision of other employees.Equal
Opportunity Employment StatementGreenState Credit Union is an
EEO/AA Employer. M/F/Veteran/Disability. We strongly encourage
minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply
for openings with the credit union.
Keywords: GreenState Credit Union, Naperville , Member Service Associate, Other , Addison, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!