Automotive and Diesel Mechanic- First Group
Company: First Group
Posted on: September 17, 2022
First Student is now hiring a Diesel Mechanic for our shop
serving Naperville 204!Starting pay $23/hour depending on
experienceFirst things First: Who are we? Twice the size of our
next largest competitor, First Student is the leading school
transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we
complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than
all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers
and the industry s strongest safety record, First Student delivers
reliable, quality services to 1,100 school districts. Why join
First as a Diesel Mechanic?
- $23 to 28 per hour based on experience and qualifications (NOT
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday-Friday full-time DAY shift schedule and consistent,
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program!About the Diesel Mechanic PositionAs a Diesel Mechanic
with First Student, you will help maintain and repair Freightliner,
international, chevy school buses to ensure vehicle readiness &
safety, while providing guidance to lower-level technicians. Other
major job duties include:
- Lead preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and
annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, & transmissions.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with mobile emergency services.Diesel Technician
- Valid driver s license required; Willingness to obtain CDL
while employed We train!
- At least 5 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
experience or technical school education
- Possess a mechanic s tool set
- Willingness to participate in ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses provided!
- Subject to a drug test.Get your career on the road with First
Student! We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We
strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For
candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles
California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants
with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all.
Keywords: First Group, Naperville , Automotive and Diesel Mechanic- First Group, Other , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!