Credit and Collections Representative - Corporate
Posted on: November 21, 2022
M-F, TBD (8 hours per day)
The Credit & Collections Representative is responsible for creating
new customer accounts, the -collection of past due invoices,
account reconciliation, dispute resolution and responding to
-general customer service inquiries. This position will work
cross-functionally to reduce both delinquency and bad debt expense.
Principal Functions & Responsibilities (including, but not limited
- Responsible for all aspects of collections to include dispute
resolution, processing customer payments -and account
- Make outbound collection calls.
- Review and evaluate the credit history of potential new
- Recommend past due accounts to the Credit Manager that may need
to be forwarded to an outside vendor for additional collection
- All other duties that may be assigned by the Department
Manager. - Education/Qualification/Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in credit and collections is preferred,
but willing to consider new grads with an AS/BS degree in
accounting, finance, or business.
- Experience in a high-volume commercial collection environment a
plus, preferably in heavy machinery or the construction industry.
- Strong working -knowledge of computer and software systems
(Microsoft Office) .
- Strong customer service skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a high-volume environment. This position
will work in an office environment. May, on a continuous basis, sit
at desk for a long period of time; answer telephone and write or
use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Some walking
and lifting up to 20 lbs. may be required. Noise level in the
office may range from low to moderate. The physical demands
described above are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. - All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a
protected veteran . - - - Why Work for Altorfer? - - At Altorfer,
our iron is just the beginning. Our people make our company
successful, and we would not be who we are without them. As a third
generation, family-owned company created in 1957, we bring our
values into how we do business. Everyone from technicians, sales
representatives, administrative professionals, or somewhere in
between is part of the "A-Team" and is critical to our success.
Here at Altorfer, we have over 35 locations and 1300 emp loyees
with long tenure for you to learn from . We have a collaborative,
family valued culture, with a great reputation in the industry . A
company that offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and a
remarkable team of people to work with. - -
Keywords: Altorfer, Naperville , Credit and Collections Representative - Corporate, Other , Addison, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!