Retail Supervisor - Addison
Company: Goodwill Industries of SE WIS
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Goodwill Retail Services, one of the fastest growing retailers
in the area, is seeking energetic individuals who have a desire to
grow with us. Join us today to get started on your own Goodwill
Ask about our new Employee Referral Program for more details on how
to earn $250 or more per referral. We are looking for more amazing
talent to grow our teams, just like you!
Earn an additional $1300 per year for good attendance!
Management incentive of based on store goals!
The Retail Supervisor contributes to the Goodwill mission by
leading our retail stores and donation sites to achieve their
overall goals. As a supervisor you will be responsible for
opening/closing the store, managing register efficiency, achieving
daily production goals, providing excellent customer service, and
developing associates. Within our retail stores we want you to use
your experience and skills to train, motivate, and lead our
associates to create a customer centric store and donation
environment. You will work together with your team to achieve sales
and production goals that make your store successful.
Our Retail Supervisors must exhibit the following
- Customer Focus
- Directing & Motivating Others
- Drive for Results
- Action Oriented
- Timely Decision Making
Working at Goodwill is more than a job. You will be supporting our
mission to provide training, employment, and supportive services
for people with disabilities or disadvantages who seek greater
Implements strategies to achieve the goals for the organization and
retail store operations. Implements, revises, and sustains
policies, procedures and programs. Typically works on projects and
initiatives that span 3 - 12 months.
1. Project and Change Management: Effectively plans and manages own
work to reliably complete routine job responsibilities and special
assignments. May serve as a team member or subject matter expert on
formal projects or within the department. Effectively engages in
change affecting her/him, communicating appropriately with
supervisor. Follows through on learning, skill building, and
practice necessary to adapt to change.
2. Problem Solving: Light supervision; works independently.
Periodic review of work by manager or senior coworker. Solves
problems of moderate to advanced complexity; able to identify root
cause, interpret data and resolve issues.
3. Technical Skill: Understands and applies professional principles
and skills within area of specialization to modify processes to
4. Community Engagement: Champions Goodwills community engagement
initiatives and serves as an ambassador for Goodwill in the wider
5. Maximize the value of all donated goods and maintain production
and store environment standards.
6. Coordinate the proper rotation of goods in the store to ensure a
continuous flow of new merchandise.
7. Support the training and coaching of all employees to reach
their potential as a highly productive and collaborative members of
the team. Oversee that there is adequate coverage at POS and in
8. Assist with hiring process of associates; completing phone
screens, interviews, new hire orientations and training as
9. Function as a service experience leader (SEL); operate register,
assign tills, maintain efficient customer flow, sales staff
productivity and proper cash controls.
10. Maintain a safe and orderly work environment; ensure employees
operate equipment safely and follow safe work practices.
11. Work with Store Management to conduct apprehensions following
established loss prevention policies and procedures.
12. Accurately complete data entry of required reports on time.
Share with leadership insight or concerns found in report data or
13. Consistently communicate and implement policies and procedures,
reporting concerns to leadership.
14. Plan and organize work assignments to increase customer service
and protect assets.
15. Responsible for completing other duties/responsibilities as
1. Two years of supervisory experience preferred.
2. Able to complete and retain forklift certification.
3. Work varied schedule and flexible hours; a minimum of two
closing shifts per week and every other weekend as scheduled.
Additional nights and weekend shifts may be required to meet
4. Must have working phone that allows for communication
CORE CULTURAL COMPETENCIES:
1. Customer Focus: Independently anticipate and meet customer
needs, while searching for ways to improve customer service.
Internalize customer feedback, and follow up with customer to
ensure problems are solved by providing innovative ideas to meet
their future needs.
2. Values Differences: Seeks out the diverse perspectives and
talents of others, striving to work effectively with others who
have different perspectives, backgrounds or styles. Behave with
sensitivity towards differences in cultural norms, expectations,
and ways of communicating. Challenge stereotyping or offensive
3. Communicates Effectively: Shares information and updates with
others, while ensuring a clear, concise and professional
communication through reports, documentation, written and other
communications. Listens with interest to what others have to
4. Situational Adaptability: Demonstrates flexibility of responses
to different situations through adapting to the changing needs,
conditions, priorities or opportunities. Monitors how well an
approach is working to see if a change is needed, recognizing cues
that suggest a change in approach or behavior is needed.
5. Drives Results: Demonstrates a strong drive to achieve
meaningful results, through driving tasks to successful completion
and closure. Sets high standards for own performance, showing
determination in the face of obstacles and setbacks.
6. Ensures Accountability: Takes responsibility and ownership for
successes and failures in own work. Monitors progress of
performance and changes approach accordingly, following through on
Regularly lifts and/or moves up 10 pounds, frequently lifts and/or
moves up to 20 pounds, occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50
pounds. Moves about to accomplish tasks. Lift: Raises objects from
lower to higher position or moves objects horizontally. Stoop,
kneel crouch or crawl: Positions self to retrieve objects. Reach:
Extending upwards or downwards to retrieve objects. Worker is
subject to weather conditions (hot, humid, dry, cold etc.). Worker
is subject to human blood, body fluids or tissue. Worker is subject
to hazards: proximity to dangerous machinery, moving vehicles,
electrical currents, chemicals, or high places. Required to stand
for long periods of time, Required to hear and respond to warning
devices on equipment, vision Required for while using computer
keyboard and work with written and electronic information and to
assess store and donation center operations, travel required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Goodwill Industries of SE WIS, Naperville , Retail Supervisor - Addison, Other , Addison, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!