Branch Real Estate Division Leader
Company: EDWARD JONES
Posted on: November 23, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
investors.Division leader with primary oversight of the West
Division for the Branch Real Estate Department.
Leader of approximately 10 internal associates and 70 external
Responsibility Summary :
- Developing, communicating, and driving the vision, strategy,
performance and results of multiple functional areas (primarily
leadership of leaders, potential direct leadership of
- Working with leaders in Finance to set division wide and
department goals, as well as overseeing and collaborating on major
projects both within Finance and across the firm.
- Prepare, summarize, and present reports and analysis.
- Identify trends and present recommendations to senior
leadership within Finance, Branch Real Estate and/or across the
firm in order to influence decision making.
- Ability to research technical topics to determine, recommend,
and implement the appropriate action to be taken.
- Balance team priorities and remove any obstacles to ensure
associates are focused on key activities that meet critical
- Proactively working to impact current and future business
results and decisions.
- Ensure appropriate internal controls are developed,
implemented, documented and followed.
- Build, maintain, and leverage relationships to gather critical
information and influence key decisions.
- Establish strategic partnerships with key leaders in the field
in support of their real estate needs. This involves communication
and coordination both within and outside the organization,
including at the executive level.
- Communicate key concepts to senior management clearly, both in
written and oral form, in order to effectively influence critical
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze, comprehend, and leverage
complex financial and/or operational data.
- Continually evaluating and improving processes and controls
related to the department's, division's, and firm's business
- Leverage internal and external relationships to ensure teams
deliverables are in compliance with industry best practices and
conform to regulatory requirements.
- Provide leadership, development, and mentoring to leaders and
associates as they manage multiple projects and people
- Cultivate a high-performing, high-energy culture to maximize
your own and each associate's or leader's contribution.
- Lead cross functional teams responsible for implementing
Finance and firm wide business objectives and projects.
- Foster an environment of development for your associates and
leaders and hold them accountable to achieve their desired
- Hold associates and leaders accountable and reward performance
grounded in the responsibility based management framework.
- Bachelor's degree and preferred advanced degree or
certification in related field.
- Minimum 10 years of related work experience is preferred.
- This individual is responsible for the management of a broad
area and needs to have a depth of knowledge of principles and
practices of a specific field of specialization such as finance,
accounting, construction management, project management,
administration, operations, IS, etc.
- Ability to develop and establish financial policies and
- Previous managerial/leadership experience.
- Intermediate / advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office or other
productivity software suites.
- Understanding of PeopleSoft is a plus for roles with
significant accounting or reporting responsibility.
- Knowledge of other software programs and / or specific skills
such as project management may be required to fulfill the
responsibilities of the role.
- Ability to analyze and manage highly complex situations related
to a broad spectrum of business topics, processes or improvement
opportunities and recommend solutions or improvements to management
(including executive level management) in a clear and concise
- Ability to anticipate problems, recommend and execute
solutions, both within Finance, Branch Real Estate and across the
firm. Many issues are governed by regulations, internal policies,
and have legal implications which give guidance but may also
present constraints in problem solving. This requires an
understanding of current and future financial and technical
climates in the industry, and assessing the potential impact to
current processes, controls, systems and the firm's growth
- Ability to identify accounting issues affecting the firm's
financial condition, recognize the root causes, and identify
multiple potential or innovative solutions to problems.
- Ability to solve problems under tight time frames, heavy work
loads, or conflicting demands.
- Knows when to depart from traditional methods or behaviors or
when to compromise for the sake of organizational accomplishment;
adapts quickly and effectively when situational constraints require
a change; employs unique and creative perspectives to situations as
- Ability to make decisions that are often complex and
non-routine, sometimes without much precedent.
- Confidence in making decisions that can have a significant
impact on the overall firm's financial condition, regulatory
compliance, other business areas, outcomes or processes.
- Most of the decisions made in this role are governed by
accounting standards, regulatory rules, and/or other specialized
technical areas in which the ultimate answers are subject to
- Includes decisions regarding size and staffing needs of
particular area(s) of responsibility.
Span of Influence:
- Responsible for leading leaders of associate(s) in all
administrative aspects of their employment including hiring
decisions, performance evaluations and making recommendations for
corrective action when associates underperform.
- The financial management responsibilities at this level are
high considering the spend, programs, and processes managed.
- Responsible for providing individualized feedback, coaching and
mentoring to the leaders for whom they are responsible.
- Collaborates with other leaders within the Finance division
and/or other divisions of the firm and with external service
providers. Interact with and influence the finance division, other
business areas, and the firm's financial condition.
- Individuals in this position are typically responsible for a
significant number of associates.
- 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2022, published Fortune
July 2022, Great Places to Work - data as of March 2022.
Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones was recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for
Millennials by Great Places to Work - and Fortune - magazine. The
privately held firm ranked No. 2 overall, in its fourth appearance
on the list.2022 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, published
September 2022, research by Great Places to Work -, data as of
August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the
Edward Jones has been named to the
2022 Best Workplaces for Women list by Great Places to Work - and
Fortune - magazine, ranking No. 45.2022 Fortune's 100 Best
Companies to Work For, published April 2022, research by Great
Place to Work -, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for
using, not obtaining, the rating.
For the 23rd time, Edward Jones has
earned a spot on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For -
ranking by Great Places to Work - and Fortune - magazine. Edward
Jones ranked No. 35 on the prestigious 2022 list.2022 Best Places
to Work For LGBTQ+ Equality, Great Place to Work - in partnership
with Human Rights Campaign Foundation, published Equity Magazine
January 2022, data as of July 2021. Compensation provided for
using, not obtaining, the rating.
Edward Jones scored 100 percent on
the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2022 Corporate Equality
Index (CEI) the nation's foremost benchmarking survey and report
measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+
workplace equality. The ranking designated Jones as one of the best
places to work for LGBTQ+Equality.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. to learn more about our total
compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically
includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for
this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on
skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a
potential new associate:
Salary: $106916 - $182047
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, Naperville , Branch Real Estate Division Leader, Other , Addison, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!