Infrastructure Engineer ( Wireless Network Engineer )
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Discover. A brighter future.With us, you ll do meaningful work
from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core
behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed
Together. And we mean it we want you to grow and make a difference
at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments
companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an
opportunity to shine. Come build your future, while being the
reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with
Discover.Job Description At Discover, be part of a culture where
diversity, teamwork, and collaboration reign. Join a company that
is just as employee focused as it is on its customers and is
consistently awarded for both. We re all about people, and our
employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason
we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and
achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career. As a Network
Engineer, you ll deliver highly available, scalable, and diverse
network infrastructure to facilitate key business functions at
Discover. At the corner of our industry s best practices and an
automation security-first mindset, lies your project work. You ll
leverage both to ensure we deliver data quickly and
- Solid understanding and experience with enterprise wireless
networks, networking fundamentals, and security platforms,
including Identity Services Engine.
- Experience designing, deploying, and maintaining WAN, LAN, and
Cisco wireless network solutions.
- Provide engineering recommendations and service improvement
plans for the corporate network infrastructure.
- Collaborate with vendors to evaluate infrastructure related to
wireless products and services.
- Vigilant on unit cost reduction and cost containment.
- Provide training and guidance to network operation teams.
- Innovate and automate infrastructure testing, deployment, and
- Promote a risk-ware culture, ensure efficient and effective
risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required
standards and processes.
- Achieves product commitments (and influences others to do the
same) by using informal leadership & highly developed communication
skills and contributes to or led technology communities
- Uses automation, system tools, open-source solutions,
observability and 'security first' principles in daily work
- Contributes to team agile ceremonies, leads demos and
presentations, helps new engineers learn established norms
- Initiates high level solution design approaches, and guides
team to achieve desired key software delivery capabilities using
automated, coded enterprise and observability
- Participates in internal speaking and advocacy events
- Supports research activities to adopt new technology solutions
in ways of developing new capabilities
- Continues professional education and create opportunities for
core product teams to learn engineering best practices
- Coaches immediate chapter and is actively fosters the adoption
of new technologies Minimum Qualifications At a minimum, here s
what we need from you:
- Bachelors Computer Science or related
- 3+ Years (Software) Engineering, DevOps or related
- Internal applicants only: technical proficiency rating of
competent on the Dreyfus engineering scale Preferred Qualifications
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Deep understanding of IEE 802.11 standards including 11n, 11ac,
- Deep understanding of wireless security 802.1x, RADIUS, WPA2,
EAP-TLS, PEAP, PSK, and general PKI concepts.
- Experience with RF site survey, planning and optimization.
- Experience in designing and operating high-density AP and
- Experience with Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
implementation and support.
- Experience with device posturing, end point profiling, and
device specific dACL enforcement functions with cisco ISE.
- Experience with Cisco Prime wireless heat maps, reports
- Proficient written and verbal communication skillsExternal
applicants will be required to perform a technical
interview.#Remote#BI-Remote#LI-JJ1What are you waiting for? Apply
today!All Discover employees place our customers at the very the
center of our work. To deliver on our promises to our customers,
each of us contribute every day to a culture that values compliance
and risk management.The same way we treat our employees is how we
treat all applicants with respect. Discover Financial Services is
an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on
diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our
recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at
Discover. Associated topics: asic, electrical, electrical engineer,
frequency, network, nortel, opnet, radio, voip, wan
Keywords: Discover, Naperville , Infrastructure Engineer ( Wireless Network Engineer ), Other , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!