Company: Aperion Care Plum Grove
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Aperion Care Plum Grove - SUMMARY: The primary purpose of your
job position is to perform the day-to-day Laundry Department
functions, to assure that quality laundry services are provided on
a daily basis, to safeguard the health, safety and welfare of all
residents of the facility, and to assure the facility laundry is
maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary manner, in accordance with
the facility's established policies and procedures, applicable laws
and regulations and the directions of your supervisors, who include
the Laundry Supervisor, Administrator, Assistant Administrator, and
other members of the facility's management to whom such persons
report, in order to assure that the highest level of laundry
services for the facility's residents is maintained at all times.
As a Laundry Aide, you are delegated the authority, responsibility,
and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned
duties.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the facility's philosophy of care and strive to achieve
its goals and objectives.
- Sort soiled laundry, linen, garments, etc. and place in
appropriate containers or assigned areas in the laundry room.
- Sort soiled laundry, linen, garments, etc. and separate those
items that require special stain removal/treatment.
- Wash and dry soiled laundry, linen, garments, etc. and run
accordance with established procedures.
- Fold, count, stack, hang, and distribute clean laundry, linen,
garments, etc. to residents daily, and/or as instructed.
- Clean laundry room floors, to include sweeping, and damp/wet
- Clean walls and ceilings of laundry rooms by washing, wiping,
dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, and deodorizing.
- Remove dirt, dust, lint, grease, film, etc. from equipment and
floor surfaces using proper cleaning/ disinfecting solutions.
- During emergency conditions, assure that clean laundry, linen,
garments, etc. are distributed to designated areas as
- Turn in all unidentified laundry, linen, garments, etc. to the
- Discard waste/trash into proper containers in accordance with
established sanitation procedures and reline trash receptacle with
- Assure that work/assignment areas are clean and free of
hazardous conditions, i.e. spills, excess laundry carts, baskets,
supplies, etc. and that equipment, tools, supplies, etc. are
properly stored while working, as well as before leaving such areas
for breaks, meal times, and end of the work day.
- Assure that established infection control and standard
precaution practices are maintained when performing laundry
- Use protective clothing/devices when performing tasks that
involve the handling of infectious garments and linen and/or
- Coordinate daily laundry services with the nursing staff when
performing routine assignments in resident living areas.
- Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and
using equipment or supplies.
- Assure that equipment is cleaned and prepared for the next
- Report all equipment malfunctions and breakdowns to the
supervisor as soon as possible and keep the supervisor informed of
supply needs and equipment needing replacement.
- Assure that work/cleaning schedules are followed.
- Report all hazardous conditions or equipment to the
- Report all accidents/incidents to the supervisor.
- Maintain the confidentiality of resident information and honor
his/her personal and property rights.
- Attend housekeeping/laundry department meetings as
- Attend and participate in in-service educational classes and
on-the-job training programs as scheduled or as directed.
- Turn in Days Off and payroll special request forms, supply
sheets, and annual medical examinations in a timely fashion.
- Follow established fire, disaster, and evacuation policies and
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of
Housekeeping and the Administrator.QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must possess, as a minimum, an 8th grade education.
- Must demonstrate the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Must demonstrate the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel
and the general public.
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, the
appearance of work areas, and perform regular inspections of the
laundry area and equipment for sanitation, order, safety and proper
performance of assigned duties. PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical
demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25
pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull,
move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of 50 feet.
Keywords: Aperion Care Plum Grove, Naperville , LAUNDRY AIDE, Other , Palatine, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!