Company: Sterling Engineering, Inc.
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Title: Data Scientist (Contract)
Locations: Hybrid, part-time on-site in: Atlanta, GA; Naperville, IL; Hampton Roads, VA; or Chattanooga, TN
Duration and hire type: Long-term contract, possible contract-to-hire
I am looking for an accomplished Data Scientist to join a growing specialized data science team. This individual will have strong experience in full life cycle data science, from beginning to implementation including
collecting, organizing, mining, and deeply analyzing data to draw conclusions and develop insights that enable better decision-making and operational effectiveness. -
This position will work with a variety of technologies (including but not limited to SQL, R, Python, Excel, SAS, Azure, and Power BI) to design, develop and distribute business intelligence solutions and perform ETL design and development.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- - ---- Creating, enhancing, and deploying statistical models using machine learning algorithms to inform growth decisions and strategies across Southern Company Gas (30%).
- - ---- Develop a framework for Machine Learning/AI. Train others on the framework. Evaluate and monitor model performance. Make recommendations on model edits and when they are needed.
- - ---- Leverages quantitative research; relates, compares, models and maps data from different sources and makes logical assumptions; evaluates market conditions, customer data, internal metrics and
- - -competitive landscape to identify key business opportunities; analyzes program results and recommend next steps.
- - ---- Manage multiple, concurrent projects with competing deadlines.
Qualifications & Experience:
- - ---- Managing data and supporting analysis request for the Product Sales of Market Strategy (40%). Maintain and manage the customer participation data for Product Sales.
- - ---- Identifies customer trends to determine the potential impact and success of proposed strategies. Recommends enhancements to current and proposed offerings.
- - ---- Manages large amounts of data and appropriately applies data reduction and exploratory analysis techniques.
- - ---- Creates and maintains quality documentation, metadata, data pull instructions, data dictionaries, etc. for all types of staff.
- - ---- Supporting the organization's access to, understanding of, and engagement with internal and external data
- - -sources and systems (30%).
- - ---- Works with a variety of technologies (including but not limited to SQL, R, Python, Excel, SAS, Azure, and Power BI) to design, develop and distribute business intelligence solutions.
- - ---- Performs ETL design and development.
- - ---- Identifies key information sources, assesses information quality and understands and communicates limitations.
- - ---- Builds reports, data visualizations, and BI solutions, including presentation layer delivery.
- - ---- B.S, M.S, or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline such as data science, data analytics, computer science, engineering, statistics, mathematics, or other related degree.
- - ---- 4+ years of experience with Python, R, SQL, and relational data bases.
Overview: Sterling Engineering / Staffing has a rich history of delivering top talent to our clients. We are a nationwide Staffing Firm with over 100 clients and works primarily with Fortune 1000 corporations.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Title: Data Scientist (Contract)
Keywords: Sterling Engineering, Inc., Naperville , Data Scientist, Other , Naperville, Illinois
here to apply!