Company: Alden Estates of Naperville
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Alden Estates of Naperville - JOB SUMMARY
- The Resident Care Coordinator is an experienced Health Care
Provider who ensures a current care plan and MDS for all residents
and that all documents pertaining to plan of care are consistent in
accordance with current Federal, State, and local standards,
guidelines and regulations, facility policies and as may be
directed by the Administrator.
- Current, unencumbered license to practice as a RN, or LPN in
- Must possess current CPR certificate or become certified within
90 days of employment.
- Working knowledge of OBRA, IDPH and IDPA (for homes in
Illinois) and Wisconsin DQA (for homes in Wisconsin) standards and
methods of documenting according to those standards.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language in
an understandable manner.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with residents,
family members, visitors, personnel, government agencies/personnel,
and the general public.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to work
harmoniously with personnel.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must be able to cope with the mental and emotional stress of
- Must possess sight/hearing senses or use prosthetics that will
enable these senses to function adequately so that the requirements
of this position can be fully met.
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled,
elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people.
- Must be aware and subject to exposure to infectious waste,
diseases, conditions, etc. including exposure to the HIV AIDS and
Hepatitis B Viruses.
- Must possess computer skills.
Review the department's policy and procedures, Job Descriptions,
etc., at least annually for revisions and make recommendations to
- Follow established departmental policies and
- Oversees the scheduling, completion, and accuracy of all MDS
- Coordinate the development of a written plan of care for each
resident that identifies the problems/needs/concerns for the
resident. Check for adequate description of problems, resident
centered goals, which are realistic and measurable and
multi-disciplinary approaches to goals.
- Chairs resident care plan conference and relays all concerns
from resident and/or family/responsible party to the
- Oversee that residents/ families/responsible parties are
contacted in relation to participation in care plan conferences per
- Plan, conduct, and participate in In-service Education Program
as it pertains to the RAI process.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining an effective orientation
program that orients the new employee to the RAI process and data
- Attend and participate in continuing education
- Monitor resident's medical record, including MDS, Cardex, Care
Plans, progress notes, Physician Order Sheets, Flow records,
monthly nursing summaries, IDT notes/assessments, etc. for
consistency and content. Address discrepancies in documentation
which are not consistent and/or do not meet program standards to
appropriate department manager and Administrator.
- Maintain ICD-9 codes for current diagnosis.
- Report IT concerns to help desk timely.
- Participate in the development, maintenance, and implementation
of the facility's QAPI program.
- Attend relevant meetings as directed by the
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Keywords: Alden Estates of Naperville, Naperville , MDS Coordinator, Other , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...