Supply Chain Lead
Company: KeHE Distributors
Posted on: October 13, 2020
Overview:Good people, working with good people, for our common
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is
all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more
exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about
working in an environment with a people-first culture and an
organization committed to good living, good food and good service,
we'd love to talk to you!
Come join KeHE as a Sales Specialist, Specialty FoodPrimary
Responsibilities:The Supply Chain Lead position is a key role
supporting our strategic vision to be the preferred supply chain
partner in the specialty, natural & organic, and fresh market place
in North America. The responsibilities of this position include
purchasing, inventory management, logistics management, and
supplier performance management. Key objectives will be managing
inventory levels and turns, achieving/improving targeted customer
service levels, mitigating inventory obsolescence/spoils, and
partnering with vendors to improve inbound service level metrics
and reduce end-to-end supply chain costs. The Lead Demand
Replenishment Planner will work cross-functionally with members of
account management, vendor managers, transportation, warehouse
operations, vendors, vendor brokers, inbound freight shippers, and
external customers.Essential Functions:
- Lead a team of Demand Replenishment Planners for an assigned
category and region, ensuring that all KPI targets are met,
including Supplier In-bound On-Time, Service Levels, Customer Fill
Rates, Inventory Levels and Turns, and Inventory
Obsolescence/Spoils, MAPE, and Bias.
- Trains and mentor's direct reports on systems and process best
- Serves as a SME for systems, parameter tuning, root cause
analysis, and reporting development.
- Lead seasonality planning for assigned product categories.
Serve as product planning expert utilizing both fulfill and
- Partner with suppliers to improve inbound fill rates, spoils,
on-time performance, reduce lead-time, and drive additional cost
- Purchase Order review and execution. Ensures purchasing
decisions achieve lowest overall cost-to-deliver for the supply
chain. Ensures proper alignment of the purchasing plan and
projected inventory levels with consensus demand plan.
- Proactively review and assess ability to support
promotional/seasonal Advance Order (AOM) volume. Takes aggressive
action to mitigate any availability issues and proactively
communicates with account teams (Ad trackers, this should stay with
- Utilize internal data to quickly recognize changes in
item-level sales trends to drive a proactive response across the
supply chain (this reference demand exceptions, DRPs are
responsible for this)
- Partner with the appropriate Customer Fulfillment Specialists
to integrate key account/channel demand into the forecast (lets
- Identifies continuous improvement opportunities and provides
recommendations to better optimize inventory, inventory health, and
service-level (Lead ongoing projects- we'll need to create a
- Manage the at-risk inventory process for assigned product
categories, with ability to root cause and drive necessary
corrections with suppliers and vendor management.
- Effectively manages appropriate DRP system parameters to meet
inventory targets ( this should be on the SRs).
- Participates in internal supply chain improvement projects as
necessary: distribution network planning/expansion, enhancements or
future upgrades to Advanced Planning Software packages.
- Serves as backup to Supply Chain Manager in his/her absence.
Represents his/her team and presents weekly KPI and metric updates
to senior leadership.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills,
- 3-5 years of related supply chain experience desired.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Operations,
Engineering or related field
- Knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain concepts,
Purchasing, Inventory Management, and their application
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
- Experience with Advanced Planning Software packages like JDA
Fulfillment, JDA Demand Planning, or E3 is strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates financial acumen and ability to apply cost-benefit
analysis in their decision making.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and
- Effective presentation skills with ability to tailor both
analysis and message to his/her audience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with focus on advanced Excel
skills and analysis. Ability to manipulate and manage large volumes
- Experience with business intelligence tools like Cognos or
Business Objects highly desired.
- Experience or aptitude leading a team.
- Food industry experience in a similar Supply Chain role is
Keywords: KeHE Distributors, Naperville , Supply Chain Lead, Professions , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!