Quality Technician Lead
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Join Amcor and you can be part of the team that makes the
packaging of the future better for people and our planet. - Here at
Amcor, we work together every day to make a positive impact on the
lives of millions of people across the globe by providing packaging
for essential products, including food, beverages, pharmaceutical,
medical, home and personal-care. - We are sustainability leaders in
our industry. We are the first global packaging company to commit
to make all our products recyclable or reusable by 2025. Our
products are vital to support the lives of millions of people
across the globe every day. We are always looking for talented and
passionate individuals who are motivated to make a difference.
Working at Amcor means you will have a unique opportunity to be a
part of an organisation that is committed to innovating and driving
new solutions to create more sustainable packaging solutions. To
find out more about our commitment to sustainability and about
Amcor, visit - I -I I - -I - -I - At Amcor Rigid Packaging (ARP),
our teams are focused on developing and making plastic bottles and
jars that create a unique experience and are better for the
environment. -Our bottles and jars are primarily made from PET
(polyethylene terephthalate), which has rapidly become the world's
preferred packaging material. PET is lightweight, shatterproof,
recloseable, resealable, reusable and infinitely recyclable*. With
approximately 6,000 people across about 50 manufacturing operations
in 11 countries and an annual revenue of US$2.9 Billion, ARP
provides rigid packaging solutions to the beverage, pharmaceutical,
food, and home and personal care segments. Learn more about the
many benefits of PET bottles - *with existing technologies
including chemical recycling Job Summary Quality Technician Lead
provide overall front-line support to the production of quality
product with a basic understanding of visual inspection using
various lab equipment and methods. - Qualified candidates must have
an overall understanding of the various processes including product
descriptions, critical measurements, weights, and customers. -
Provides control and maintenance of fundamental quality systems
information with the ability to understand & follow basic testing
practices & guidelines; ability to perform measurements & testing
on lab equipment provided. In this role the Lead will be able to
direct all other Quality Technicians and other employees with
discussions for quality issues. Specific Responsibilities /
- Follows all established safety rules and guidelines as outlined
in the Amcor "No Injuries Safety Contract" and as trained. -
Understands and communicates all hazards and safety issues to
co-workers and Supervisors. - Properly uses all required personal
- Promotes and follow all corporate and local OSHE and Quality
policy and guidelines
- Follows all corporate and local policy, procedures, and
- Follows all job specific Standard Operator Procedures, Work
Instructions, Form Controlled Documents and non-Standard Operating
- Follows all GMP and GDP practices
- Collects and evaluate Deco and Blow mold product by using
various inspection techniques and equipment
- Reviews the shop floor paper for all customer requirements on
the manufacturing process.
- Reviews Quality Inspection Plan (QIP) and product drawings to
ensure revisions are current; report discrepancies as needed.
- Determines from factory drawing and QIPs what samples are to be
taken inspected from each line
- Performs dimensional examination on all samples as per QIP
- Performs the Hold Ware Procedure for out of specification ware
produced until corrective action is verified by re-check. Places
product on Hold/HFI as needed. All items placed on hold must be
placed on hold physically and within Quality Systems.
- Alerts Management of potential quality problems to assure that
defective product or raw materials are not used or shipped to the
- Has the authority to stop machines / production & communicate
issues effectively to QA Manager.
- Demonstrates organizational ability to complete daily
assignments as required to meet internal and external customer
requirements in a concise detailed manner.
- Enters required data with minimal errors in Rea SPC System,
follows Good Documentation Practices (GDPs).
- Audits and maintains accurate records for product capability
- Performs Start of Run Inspection Procedure as required.
- Performs sample examination to determine acceptable visual
quality according to quality standards and customer
- Performs appropriate leak detection, flame treatment, drop, and
rub any other functional tests.
- Perform carton label inspection and verify correct packing and
packaging procedures as per shop floor paper instructions
- Understands SPC & is able to interpret quality data and
- Applies and enforces Good Manufacturing Practices & HACCP
requirements to meet plant goals.
- Directly responsible for the proper support to the Production
Department and all other team members to ensure a positive team
- Fulfill QA obligation for the Visual/Attribute Inspection
Procedure every other hour and as well as weight checks.
- Notifies Production Lead/Supervisor of any rejected attributes
found and of other quality related issues.
- Performs all corrective/ preventive actions as well as
effectiveness check as needed. These are communicated by the
Quality Manager anytime there is a complaint.
- Understand and communicates customer complaints to other
employees to create awareness of the different defects.
- Analyzes dimensional attribute data to identify any trends or
- Trains other employees in areas of expertise when
- Assists other job classifications when required.
- Performs other related duties as directed by the Quality
Manager, Supervisors or Leads.
- Can act as the IFS PAC Secure Certification
- Able to support Quality Department in the absence of Quality
- Completes all end of month data collection and
- Performs 4-hour Qualification and Steel Safe Trials for new
- Those employees with authorized training, have the ability to
shut down / stop equipment if continued operation is a threat to
any employee's health and safety.
- Recommends to Management to stop production for unacceptable
- Recommends to Management when to quarantine
out-of-specification products, materials or supplies
- Contacts any member of Management without fear of reprisal
concerning questions, suggestions, or complaints regarding quality,
working conditions or job environment. Job Specifications and
- Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous quality assurance or manufacturing work experience in
the plastics industry is preferred
- Must be able to read, write and speak and understand
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Technician
- Basic math, computer, and organizational skills
- Physical Requirements: This is a medium physical demand
- Employees must be able to work overtime, weekends and
- Frequently carry greater than 10 pounds up to 30 pounds;
occasionally lift 50 pounds overhead with assistance.
- Employees are required to stand / walk on concrete floors.
- Employees are required to bend; turn / twist; kneel; squat;
crawl; climb; reach out and up; turn wrist; grasp; pinch; and have
- Required Safety Equipment:
- Each facility requires personal protective equipment and may
require protective clothing. See site specific rules.
- Environmental Factors:
- Occasional exposures to noise of 85dB
- Occasional exposure to chemicals
- Occasional exposure to vibration, dust / fumes / gas, confined
- Other Requirements:
- Ability to recognize and understand numbers and values. - This
includes entering information into an on-line database
- Ability to visually and mentally make priority decisions /
judgement calls based on the situation at hand Amcor is a thriving
S&P 500 organisation listed both on the NYSE (AMCR) and ASX
(AMC) with US$13 billion in sales. We have a proud history dating
back to the 1860's and come a long way from a single paper mill
based in Melbourne to becoming the global leading packaging
company. Today, Amcor is an international organisation empowering
its 50,000 employees in over 40 countries and across 250 sites. At
Amcor we believe in talent through diversity and promote equal
opportunity in the workplace and recognise that discrimination and
harassment of co-workers based on race, creed, disability, gender,
marital or maternity status, religious or political beliefs, age or
sexual orientation is unlawful. #CB IND123
Keywords: Amcor, Naperville , Quality Technician Lead, Professions , Addison, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!