AFF Regional Manager- Central
Company: Yusen Logistics
Posted on: May 13, 2022
AFF Regional Manager- Central
The successful candidate will be responsible for the management of
the Airfreight Product within the corresponding USA region -Central
; the core responsibilities comprehend: Carrier Management, Trade
Lane and Product management, Planning & controlling, seamless
operation procedures, service quality and P&L optimization
- Manage to outsource and negotiate air freight rates for the
- Negotiate trucking rates (Inbound/outbound) at local or
subregion level to contribute to air product competitiveness.
Ourtsource, together with the corresponding branch, any service
required to build an airfreight product such as pharma compliance
warehouses, or similar facilities.
- Develop and maintain strong relationship with carriers and
other subcontractors to support air product service level and rate
- Prepare and manage Capacity Plans: short term (Emergency)and
long term capacity plans.
- Assist branches in supporting global headquarters air freight
strategies and policies.
- Drive continuous cost and service improvement efforts with air
carriers and trucking companies.
- Follow and execute the airlines evaluation system and core
carriers program established by the AFF procurement department
- Act as first escalation point and resolve air procurement and
services issues with carriers.
- Provide permanent input on the global air freight market
situation and windows of opportunities. Assess current and evolving
business models in the marketplace affecting the global air freight
- Responsible for analyzing and implementing, consolidation
service opportunities for different trade lanes.
- Set and plan strategic measures/policies to ascertain where
costs/rates can be reduced or eliminated.
- Support the Tender Management Team (TMT) with strategic pricing
for high cargo volume RFQ s and provide input to (TMT) on
consolidation opportunities and capacity constraints.
- Manage the Air Rate Platform for the corresponding subregion
maintaining updated and competitive rates and SSR s for the air
products (Economy, Standard, Expedite).
- Support the regional sales teams with high volume spot
- Manage the Cargo Steering plan, select alternative GPA carriers
to achieve the utilization % goal.
- Responsible for branches E-AWB utilization and E-Booking
- Responsible for all aspects of the trade lane including, but
not limited to dispute resolutions (with carriers or among Yusen
Logistics operating companies or 3rd party agents), communication
channels, general assistance for both exports and imports.
- Monitor quality procedures, work with branches to identify
areas of improvement, mistakes avoidance and
- Monitor branches compliance with AFF OPS SOP and identify areas
for improvement and leaner process. Assist in achieving branches
- Responsible for budget achievement in the US subregion: BO
volume, GP, SGA and OP1. Work with and support BD and branches to
jointly achieve or surpass budget agreed figures.
- Support BD with sales campaigns, key accounts,new and existing
business. Monitor CRM for pipeline visibility. Obtain monthly
volume forecast report and customers shipping planning.
- Work closely with other departments to achieve synergy of
cooperation among business.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an equivalent Air Freight
Management role with a freight forwarding company.
- Bachelor s Degree in a related field or 10+ years of relevant
- Air Cargo IATA certifications desirabe.
- Solid knowledge of international freight forwarding.
- Must possess excellent communicative skills both spoken and
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal management skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Must be able to work as part of a team
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month
following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death &
Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition
Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility
requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective
policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
Yusen Logistics is a leading global provider of International
Freight Forwarding, Contract Logistics, and Supply Chain Solutions.
With over 24,000 employees across 45 countries, our extraordinary
employees work towards a common goal of providing large and small
companies across a variety of industries the logistics support they
need to meet the demands of their customers.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. values each individual employee and
is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by providing
equal employment opportunities for all applicants without regard to
race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status,
uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender
orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status in
accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Yusen Logistics, Naperville , AFF Regional Manager- Central, Professions , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!