Import Ocean Supervisor
Company: Hankyu Hanshin Express (USA), Inc.
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Import Ocean Supervisor
General Position SummaryThis position is responsible for leading
import team members by setting a good example and engages the team
to achieve goals. Depending on branch location, incumbent is
assigned a variety of duties and responsibilities that may include
many of the following described duties and depending on branches
that you are assigned to work, your responsibility of essential job
functions may differ. Essential Job Functions IMPORT
- Contacts customers as needed for information gathering
including receiving additional requests and following up on
previous information and requests received. Checks customer EDI
system for additional information.
- Contacts carriers and steamship to obtain arrival
- Issues arrival notices to customer and coordinates with
customer's customs broker as needed.
- Issues customs/in-bond paperwork and arranges delivery if
- Sends emails as needed for urgent shipments to expedite
breakdowns, and release of cargo; May send pre-alerts to retrieve
- Releases shipments upon receipt of original bill of lading
- Contacts trucking firms to arrange special delivery and handle
- May notify broker for shipment arrival and document
- Assists in all areas of Ocean Import operations including
day-to-day tasks with our customers. Supervising
- Create an Inspiring team environment with an open communication
- Oversee day-to-day operations, consulting with teammates'
operational questions and concerns
- Motivate, develop, and mentor team members and assist import
- Oversee team members timesheets, evaluations, and team
- Listen to team members' feedback and resolve any issues or
conflicts with Import Manager
- Responsible for new teammate's training and follow-up,
additional training for the team in general.
- Handles next level escalations/concerns from customers and team
members OTHER & MISCELLANEOUS
- Any project that is assigned by manager and/or the
- Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive
ways and means in work processes.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as
assigned by management.
- Assists management with monthly reports (Aging, open files,
- Maintains high ethical standards in the workplace.
- Reports all irregular issues and problems to manager for
- Maintains good communication with management, office staff
members and outside contacts.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area. Job
Dimensions (skills, knowledge & abilities)Essential Job Dimensions
Accuracy, Attendance & Punctuality, Attention to Detail, Clerical,
Communication: Speaking, Reading and Writing in English,
Confidentiality, Computer Usage, Diplomacy,
Initiative/Follow Through, Listening & Understanding, Math Skill
(Basic), Multi-Tasking, Office Equipment Usage, Order Processing,
Product Knowledge, Relation Building, Team Participation, Time
Management, Typing Skill. QualificationsEducation & Work Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- Must have one and half year to two years of the industry
experienceTools & Equipment
- General office equipment including phones, fax, copier,
personal computer, etc.
- Software includes the use of Windows operating system, MS
- Any tools, equipments, software that are required to be used.
Certificates / Licenses
- Any certificate or training records that are required by each
department, position/title, or government agency. Apply Here
Keywords: Hankyu Hanshin Express (USA), Inc., Naperville , Import Ocean Supervisor, Professions , Addison, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!