Company: IGPS Logistics LLC
Posted on: July 29, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Summary: Driving forklift or electric powered
industrial truck equipped with lifting devices such to push, pull,
lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or materials. Job
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates forklift in a safe and responsible manner to perform
- Inventories materials on work floor, and supply workers with
materials as needed.
- Loads or unloads materials onto or off trailers as
- Ensures accurate Inbound Sort Worksheets and TDS Repair
quantities when needed.
- Cares for forklift through light maintenance such as daily
inspection, changing propane tank and cleaning as needed or
- Obtains copy of shipping order and transports pallets to and
from designated areas in the depot.
- Loading and unloading pallets from trucks.
- Moving pallets around the storage facility.
- Stacking pallets in the correct storage bays, following
inventory control instructions.
- Checking loads are secure.
- Stacking empty pallets.
- May also assist in counting of physical inventory.
- Reports property or equipment damage to Supervisor.
- Examining pallets to verify conformance to qualify
- Ensures safety measures are always adhered to.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management (i.e.,
janitorial duties, material handling duties, etc.) Job
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one
to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Three to six months related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Forklift Operator Certification per OSHA standards.
- Prior forklift operator experience in a warehouse environment
- Experience with RF scanner gun preferred.
- Understanding of safety requirements for lifting and equipment
maintenance. Job Competencies:
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit
the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time;
Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at
meetings and appointments on time.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures;
Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports
organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through
outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports
potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities;
Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and
welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and
group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's
efforts to succeed.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses;
Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to
continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with
others. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work is performed
indoors in a manufacturing setting with regular exposure to cold,
heat, noise, and moving machines and equipment. Must be able to
lift to 50 lbs., push and pull up to 13-25 lbs., lift, stand and
carry consistently, have proper hearing, vision, and speech
capabilities. Can wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Hearing
protection, safety glasses, goggles, or shields).
Keywords: IGPS Logistics LLC, Naperville , Forklift Operator, Professions , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!