Research and Development Technician
Company: Clyde's Donuts
Posted on: September 18, 2022
SUMMARY Reporting to the Director of R&D, the R&D
Technician is responsible for managing the donut sample production
process from the initial sample request through packaging and
distribution of the sample. This person will be responsible for
managing and executing the sample schedule while coordinating line
time with the operations team. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Partner with the sales team and external vendors to determine
sample needs and expectations
- Respond to urgent customer requests for samples
- Communicate and coordinate sample runs with production,
including managers, supervisors, and scheduler
- Request ingredients from shipping and receiving staff
- Provide direction to the mixers/operators about sample
specifications and recipes
- Ensure specifications of the samples are being followed
- Follow the donut sample through production starting with mixing
and ending in packaging
- Record all production set points during the sample run
- Understand all the equipment and processes used to create each
- Distribute requested samples to internal staff, clients and
- Record and summarize the results from vendor and employee
- Follow and comply with all food safety requirements and
- Reports food safety or quality issues to supervisor.
- Support new product development.
- Organize ingredient inventory and receiving structure.
- Make prototype lab samples.
- Associates degree or High School diploma and 4 years of related
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations (addition,
subtraction, multiplication, and division)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to
- Culinary and Manufacturing in Food Industry experience
preferred PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
stand, walk, and sit. The employee must lift, move and/or carry up
to 15 pounds frequently. WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts;
moderate to high heat and vibration; strong food smells. The noise
level in the work environment is usually moderate. PI191762896
Keywords: Clyde's Donuts, Naperville , Research and Development Technician, Professions , Addison, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!