Maintenance Technician - 2nd or 3rd Shift
Company: SWD INC
Posted on: September 18, 2022
About Us:SWD Inc. opened for business in March 1980 with three
employees in a 9,000 sq. ft. leased facility and began black
oxiding, cleaning, and pickling operations with used equipment. In
late 1980, the company began passivating stainless steel and in
1981 purchased Fastener Sorting Corporation. Today, a recognized
leader in the Metal Finishing and Fastener Sorting fields, SWD Inc.
has over 200 employees and runs three shifts per day in its 200,000
sq. ft. facility just west of Chicago in Addison, Illinois.Note:
SWD is a Drug-Free workplace. All job offers are contingent on
successful completion of a Background Check, Drug Screen, and
Pre-Employment Physical.What We're Seeking:SWD Inc. is in the
process of adding 3 new lines to our production departments and is
expanding our Addison, IL. facility. That means we are growing, and
growing fast! We are seeking a full-time Maintenance Technician. We
have openings on both our 2nd and 3rd shifts. Compensation is fully
dependent on experience and can be discussed during the in-person
interview, if selected for one.
- 2nd shift: 3pm-11pm
- 3rd shift: 11pm-7amJob Responsibilities:
- Show ability to fabricate or modify equipment using hand tools,
such as saws, drills, and grinders.
- Detect unusual sounds from machines indicating
- Install piping systems in pvc stainless steel, and/or iron
- Install machinery and equipment according to
- Repair and maintain centrifugal and pneumatic pumps.
- Show ability to weld metal parts with either tig or arc.
- Complete appropriate documents and necessary paperwork.
- Comply with all SWD Inc. safety rules and regulations.
- Be aware of SWD Inc. company policy and procedures, including
the quality system as defined by QS-9000 and ISO-14001 and outlined
in the SWD Inc.s quality and environmental systems policy and
- Troubleshoot minor electrical problems (blown fuses, shorts,
- GED or High School Diploma
- Ability to lift 40 lbs
- Prior manufacturing experience
- You must be available to work occasional weekends. The
Maintenance Department completes quarterly maintenance during
weekends.Benefits of Working at SWD:
- Pay Every Friday!
- Start earning PTO (Vacation Days) on Day 1 of Employment
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing
- Eight Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement ProgramPowered by JazzHR
Keywords: SWD INC, Naperville , Maintenance Technician - 2nd or 3rd Shift, Professions , Addison, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!