Company: Clyde's Donuts
Posted on: January 26, 2023
SUMMARY Reporting to the Facilities Director, the Maintenance
Manager will plan, organize, schedule, assign and review
maintenance work; perform a variety of responsible duties related
to the supervision of maintenance activities; as well as train,
supervise and evaluate the work of assigned employees.Essential
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of industrial manufacturing
maintenance of production lines.
- Performs electrical troubleshooting and repairs for the
following: PLC Controls, AC & DC motor controls, solid state motor
controls, advance circuits, and grounding, interpret diagrams and
- Reads schematics, drawings, and manuals to establish facts and
draw valid conclusions.
- Supports facility maintenance equipment, which includes
wastewater equipment, compressed air, refrigeration and building
- Maintains organized documentation, inspection records,
- Installs new electrical and mechanical equipment as directed,
performs building repairs and modifications when required and
initiates purchase order requests for repair parts.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance tasks as assigned,
identifying and correcting deficiencies.
- Maintains and operates plant wastewater pre-treatment
- Serves as a resource to technicians to resolve mechanical
issues and maintain production efficiencies.
- Provides support to Process Improvement (PI) projects and
maintains a safe working environment.
- Follows and complies with all food safety requirements and
guidelines and reports food safety or quality issues to
- Prepares and coordinates maintenance resources and provides
recommendations for capital and continuous improvement
- Reviews the operation of equipment with appropriate personnel
to identify maintenance issues in the areas of Safety, Quality,
Cost, Productivity, and Customer Satisfaction.
- Reviews Key Performance Indicators KPIs (Daily, Weekly, and
Monthly) and makes recommendations for improving plant operations
and OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness).
- Engages employees in problem solving initiatives to improve
production issues/efficiencies utilizing Lean Manufacturing
techniques as needed.
- Fosters a positive working environment and drives the
Maintenance team to meet productivity targets and performance
- Ensures regulatory compliance with various governmental
agencies such as city, county, and state.
- Monitors, reviews and adjusts projects monthly spend to ensure
the department's annual budget is met.
- Assists in the recruitment process of Maintenance
- Ensures Maintenance employees are properly trained in all
aspects of their jobs. Identifies training gaps and develops
training plans as needed.
- Effectively communicate with production personnel and mechanics
to identify areas of concern; provide and receive feedback and/or
support through collection and analysis of information.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned
Technical Skill Requirements:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience supervising a team with
industrial equipment, high speed processing, weighing, filling,
packaging, conveyor, motors, pumps, gear boxes, forklifts, plumbing
and building maintenance.
- Electrical; 110 - 440 V, AC & DC control, wiring & ladder
diagrams, PLC/Inverter programming, trouble shooting.
- Welding; Gas, Arc, Mig, Tig, steel, brass, aluminum, stainless,
cast iron, plasma cutting.
- Heating & Refrigeration; Freezers, coolers, water chillers, air
conditioners, gas fired heating systems, boilers, water heaters and
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or operations management
- Management experience in operations, maintenance, engineering,
and/or process improvement roles including managing teams of
- Previous experience working in a Lean environment is
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification is a plus.
- Exceptional leadership and proven team-building skills.
- Excellent analytical thinking and innovative problem-solving
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and technical manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
listen, understand and speak effectively.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
- Ability to troubleshoot malfunctions and to interpret a variety
of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule
- Ability to do basic math and apply concepts of algebra and
geometry as may be required.
- Knowledge of Internet software, manufacturing software and
preventative maintenance software.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely
- Listen and get clarification when needed.
- Able to write clearly and interpret written information.
- Exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
- Use time efficiently. Plan repairs and installations to be sure
parts are available when needed.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, while looking for ways
to improve and promote quality.
- Facilitate training Maintenance personnel.
- Observe safety, security and sanitation procedures including
safe work practices, OSHA requirements and GMP's; Use tools,
equipment and materials properly. Report potentially unsafe
conditions.Physical Demands:The physical demands described are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing
the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to
stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with
hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or
balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The
employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Work
Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.While performing the duties of this Job, the
employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The
employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and
risk of electrical shock. Extreme hot conditions on such equipment
as operating fryers; extreme cold conditions such as blast spiral
freezers. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious
places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals;
outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The
noise level in the work environment is usually
Keywords: Clyde's Donuts, Naperville , Maintenance Manager, Professions , Addison, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!