Member Service Representative
Company: GreenState Credit Union
Posted on: June 22, 2022
GreenState Credit UnionMember Service
RepresentativeUS-IL-NapervilleJob ID: 2022-3176Type: Regular
Full-Time# of Openings: 1Category: RetailGreenState Credit
UnionOverviewPOSITION SUMMARY:The primary duties/responsibilities
of the Member Service Representative (MSR) include quality,
responsive, and professional member service to all members and
staff of GreenState Credit Union in all daily transactions and
inquiries. Provides information and/or answers questions regarding
transactions and all Credit Union products and services. This
position is the front line to our members and the face of the
credit union. Service starts with this key role and they are our
service champions. The qualified candidate will be member focused,
show excellence in accuracy and all their work, demonstrate
integrity, share one vision through teamwork and continually look
for improvement within their role.GREENSTATE CULTURE:At GreenState,
we exist to create lasting value for those we serve. We do this by
putting immense value into our employees, members and communities.
We empower our employees to create endless opportunities, which
will then impact the lives of our members and enhance the vitality
of our communities.GreenState is proud to offer a Bilingual Pay
Program for qualifying applicants. Position details:Monday through
Friday from 8:45 am - 5:45 pm, plus 3 out of 4 Saturdays from 9:00
am - Noon.Minimum starting wage for this position is $19.47/HR with
a monthly incentive opportunity and progressive benefit package.
ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Performs
essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which
may include, but are not limited to those listed and are subject to
- Adheres to the Credit Union Service Standards in carrying out
GreenState's mission and vision.
- Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external)
focus at all times, greeting members and guests with a smile and
eye contact immediately upon their arrival, using their name or
acknowledging them, and thanking them for their business.
- Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in
the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
- Ensures confidentiality of member information.
- Supports a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Ensures confidentiality of members account records and account
information. Request identification whenever necessary and provide
account information to only those members listed as primary or
- Makes weekly outbound service calls to members.
- Answers member questions or refer members to appropriate
departments or supervisors.
- Assists with member account discrepancies, statement problems,
complaints and escalates as necessary.
- Performs member transactions including; deposits, withdrawals,
transfers, check cashing, loan payments, credit card payments, cash
advances, bond redemptions, disbursement of official checks, sale
of money orders, cashier checks, savings bonds, and promotional
- Builds member relationships by recognizing their financial
needs and meeting those needs with the appropriate GreenState
product and service or referring them to the specialized department
(Wealth Management, Commercial, Mortgage, GreenState Insurance
etc.) to be served.
- Maintains a satisfactory balancing record.
- Educates members and staff of the features and benefits of all
our products and services.
- Refers products and services that benefit members to achieve
- Accepts and examines checks for endorsements and negotiability.
Determine availability of funds based on regulations and policy.
Place holds on accounts for uncollected funds when necessary,
provide member with the proper documentation.
- Processes mail and night deposit transactions.
- Completes all forms including negotiable instrument logs, vault
cash advances/turn-ins, direct deposit, member check orders.
- Participates in Opening and Closing procedures. Organize the
MSR area and turn off all equipment (computers, copier, adding
machines, lights). Ensure all confidential information is secured
at the end of the day.
- Complete daily work including balancing and reconciliation of
- Monitors and manage the vault including cash disbursements,
balancing, and end of day lock-up. Ensure that enough, but not
excessive, funds are always on hand .
- Assists in security procedures. Has access to and is
accountable for office keys and combinations.
- Balances, maintains, and corrects the coin machine and cash
- Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating
in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored
- Interpersonal skills to represent the Credit Union in a
- High energy with the ability to approach individuals to engage
in conversation, build rapport, establish and maintain member
- Thorough knowledge of deposit products and regulations.
- Accuracy in the handling of cash, recording daily transactions,
and attention to detail.
- Good telephone manners and techniques.
- Ability to work with minimal direction and exercise sound
- Member account problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with related computer applications, spreadsheets,
word processing, and database applications.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
as a cohesive team.
- High school diploma or the equivalent (i.e. GED).
- Cash handling, sales, and customer service experience
- Must be bondable.
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and
works overtime as necessitated by business demand.Reporting
RelationshipReports to the Vice President/Branch Managers as
assigned.Supervisory ResponsibilitiesThis position is not
responsible for supervision of other employees.Equal Opportunity
Employment StatementGreenState Credit Union is an EEO/AA Employer.
M/F/Veteran/Disability. We strongly encourage minorities, veterans,
and individuals with disabilities to apply for openings with the
Keywords: GreenState Credit Union, Naperville , Member Service Representative, Sales , Naperville, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!